Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back!


After a grueling several days journey we've finally made it to Kabul, or rather to Bagram, just north of Kabul. It's a bit surreal to be posting this right now because I'm in a coffee shop far away from the threat of IEDs that I had been facing on a regular basis. Except for the occasional sounds of artillery in the night it doesn't even seem as if I'm in a war zone anymore. This is a pleasant reminder that I'm truly on the downward slope towards coming home. I'll begin resumption of posts either tomorrow or the next day. For now, it's time to relax.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you're safe and might find a moment of peace during this tour of duty. I know I really can't begin to understand the constant threat you face daily. Please know we think/pray for you daily. I'm getting ready to send another care package. Is there anything you need/want? And can I still send it to the previous address?

    Much love my dear friend!
    Ashley T

    ReplyDelete